The Nitrox Diver course offers a new dimension to your diving. Nitrox, or enriched air Nitrox (EANx), offers the diver extended bottom time while reducing the amount of nitrogen absorbed by the body as compared to air. The following topics will be covered:
- History of nitrox as a breathing gas
- Dalton's law of partial pressures
- Physiology of oxygen and nitrogen Depth limits
- Advantages, disadvantages and risks of Nitrox
- Oxygen toxicity
- Hazards and precautions of handling oxygen
- The concept of Equivalent Air Depth
- Use of EANx with Standard Air Dive Tables
- Common gas mixing procedures
- Gas analyzing procedures
The Course: The Nitrox(EANx) course will provide the skills needed to safely use Nitrox as a breathing gas. Training includes 4 hours of classroom time, an evaluation of your current skills (as appropriate), and 2 open water dives using EANx. Nitox can be combined with a Basic, Advanced or Master Diver course
Equipment: Rum Runner will provide all instruction, 2 nitrox air fills, pool and lifeguard fees for skill confirmation (where applicable). Divers must have/rent all gear and must pay for checkout dives.
E-mail Rum Runner Dive Shop:
or call 252-439-4390 for upcoming classes.